It's time for our monthly recipe! We're at the tail end of May, which means that summer approaches rapidly with every passing day. Put all that sunlight to good use and make a delicious couscous salad using some fruits that are in season!
makes 4 servings
30 minute prep time
6 oz / 1 cup couscous
2 large tomatoes, chopped
1 cucumber, seeded and chopped
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped (plus extra to serve)
2 large scallions, chopped
1 lemon, juiced
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
salt & freshly ground black pepper
1. Place couscous in large bowl.
2. Pour one cup boiling water over couscous.
3. Cover and leave to stand for 5-6 minutes until all liquid has been absorbed. Fluff with fork to separate grains.
4. Add vegetables and herbs to couscous and stir with a fork to combine.
5. Whisk lemon juice and olive oil together until blended.
6. Add lemon/oil mixture to couscous. Stir gently.
7. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
8. Place in serving bowl and garnish with chopped mint before serving.
Nutrition Information (per serving):