This recipe was chosen by The Weil Team as the winner of our 2018 recipe contest. Lauren, our winner and local clean-eating enthusiast, developed the recipe (along with several more) and shares them on her blog: lick-your-plate.com/famous-gumbo
What you will need: Instant Pot
• 3 medium sized boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
• 1 package of Chicken Apple Sausage sliced (we use Aidells)
• 1 pound of raw shrimp peeled deveined
• 1 green pepper diced
• 1 red pepper diced
• 1 yellow onion diced
• 2 stalks of celery diced
• 1 TBSP of Tiny Little Chef Taste of New Orleans Cajun Seasoning (make your own Cajun seasoning by combining garlic, paprika, oregano, onion, black pepper, thyme and cayenne)
• 1 frozen bag of Okra
• 1 cup of bone broth or chicken stock
• 1 TBSP minced garlic
• 2 Bay Leaves
• Tomato paste (6 Oz can)
• Diced Tomatoes (14.5 Oz can)
• 2 TBSP ghee to sauté (we use Kelapo)
• Turn Instant Pot on to sauté and add 2 TBSP of ghee.
• Once your ghee has melted add in your green pepper, red pepper, onion, celery, sausage, and your Taste of New Orleans Seasoning
• Sauté until all veggies are soft and sausages are slightly browned.
• Add in your TBSP of garlic and sauté until fragrant (about 1 minute)
• Hit cancel on your Instant Pot and add your broth, raw chicken breasts, okra, bay leaves, tomato paste, and diced tomatoes.
• Put the lid on your Instant Pot and cook on Manual for 12 minutes making sure your lid is in the sealing position.
• When the timer beeps quick release the pressure by turning your knob to venting
• Once all pressure has released and your lid has unlocked remove the lid and stir.
• Hit cancel and add your raw shrimp
• Select sauté and let your shrimp sauté for 4-5 minutes until shrimp are cooked and are opaque.
• Serve and enjoy!
TIP from Lauren: This is a one pot meal but because I like to stretch my Famous Gumbo as far as possible I like to serve mine over Cauliflower Grits for extra veggies!