Summer is here, and so are the fruits! Use delicious cherries to make and even more delicious cherry bake! This dish is creamy and fruity and everything that makes summer so great. Fill your home with the sweet aroma of cherries and enjoy the little crunch after it’s all said and done.
Cherry Bake with Pistachios
makes 4 servings
40 minute prep time
cannot be frozen
5 tbsp sugar, divided
2 tbsp butter, softened
2 large eggs
9 oz / 1 cup greek yogurt
1/2 lemon, juice and zest
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
2 tbsp semolina
11 oz / 2 cups cherries, pitted
2 tbsp chopped pistachios, to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Spray four ramekins with cooking spray and coat lightly with 1 tbsp sugar.
2. Cream butter with remaining sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Stir in yogurt, lemon juice, and zest. Gradually stir in flour and semolina.
3. Half-fill ramekins with custard mixture. Add a layer of cherries, then top with remaining custard and cherries.
4. Bake until golden-brown on top, about 25 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving with garnish of pistachios.
Nutrition Information (per serving):
If you’ve made this cherry bake and enjoyed it, let us know! Send pictures of the dish our way via any of our social networks: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram. If you have a knack for cooking, feel free to check out our previous monthly recipes on our blog. You can also like this post on Facebook!